1. Introduction to accepting personality differences
2. Color Yourself Activity
3. Celebrate differences with songs explaining 4 main personality types
4. Everyone deserves kindness and respect
5. Everyone must learn how to and practice working together
6. Rsepectful communication through difficult emotions
7. 5 Basic Emotions & Feelings Charades Activity
8. Skills like empathy to control difficult emotions and properly solve conflict.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Identify basic personality types and accept the differences in them as what makes each person diverse
2. Understand the importance of respectful communication especially with emotions of ourselves & others
3. Explain skills, including empathy, to control difficult emotions and properly resolve conflict
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 8 Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.2.6 Healthful Living, D Decision Making
10.3.6 Safety & Injury Prevention, A Safety Practices (Communication)
10.3.6 Safety & Injury Prevention, C Avoid/Manage Conflict/Violence
11.2.6 Balancing Responsibility, C Effective Teamwork
11.2.6 Balancing Responsibility, H Interpersonal Communication