This program will consist of the following elements:
1. Viewing of Bobby Norfolk’s performance of “Spooky Tales” online on Educate.Today’s website (https://educate.today)
a. Viewing will be available through a provided password for a 7 day period. Online url and password will be provided once enrollment is finalized.
b. Beginning and end dates of the 7 day viewing period will be determined by the registrant’s confirmed date of live interaction with Bobby.
c. Viewing may occur at school or at home via the password which will be provided to the program registrant to share with all intended viewers.
2. Live interaction between Bobby and students scheduled for the 7th day of the online viewing period.
a. Interaction will be 15 to 30 minutes based on registrant preferences.
b. Interaction can occur in one 30 minute session or be broken into two smaller groups of 15 minutes each.
c. Interaction will occur via Zoom with all appropriate security measures in regard to access and participation.
• Explore the power of storytelling to both teach and entertain an audience.
• Explore lessons learned, story development, and character development in various stories.
• Ask questions of, interact with, and learn from a professional storyteller.
• Have the opportunity to build on their learning from the program with additional research, writing, and performance activities provided.
• Have a great time!
Featured National Standards:
Below are just a few of the standards related to the program. Standards alignment for each of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and for various national organizations can be found on the Educate.Today
Common Core College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards
College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading
Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.
College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Writing
Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Speaking and Listening
Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
Evaluate a speaker's point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
Please reference the National Standards provided above.