For the single session:
1. The educator will introduce what 3D printing is and how it is being used.
2. The educator will explain what a CAD program is and what types of professionals use them.
3. The educator will lead the students through getting into their accounts.
4. Next, they will demonstrate to the students who to use some of the basic shapes in the program.
5. The students will replicate what has been shown on screen and save their project
Session 2 will show students how to combine objects, emboss, and engrave,
Session 3 will explore beyond the basic shapes and allow students to create their own original projects,
Session 4 will have the students create a simple model in clay and recreate it in the CAD program
Session 5 will show some of the more advanced tools in the program and will have the students create a usable object
- introduce students to the world of 3D printing and it's endless possibilities
- familiarize students with a CAD program
- engage students in virtual 3D design
- develop an appreciation for the possibilities and limitations of 3D printing
ETS1A 3-5 -- Defining and Delimiting and Engineering Problem
ETS1A 6-8 -- Defining and Delimiting and Engineering Problem
ETS1B 3-5 -- Developing Possible Solutions
ETS1B 6-8 -- Developing Possible Solutions
ETS1C 3-5 -- Optimizing the Design Solution
ETS1C 6-8 -- Optimizing the Design Solution
New York State
NGSS Learning Standards