1. This program begins with a look at the COVID-19 pandemic
2. We then discuss how to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
3. Students will participate in a transmission and social distancing activity.
4. We will discuss ways to cope with the increase stress and anxiety levels due to quarantining.
5. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
Upon completion of this program the student will be able to:
1. Define the difference between a virus and a bacterium.
2. List four scientifically proven ways to reduce the spread of a virus.
3. State why remaining socially distant from others can help stop the spread of a virus.
4. Identify four health promoting habits to practice daily.
5. Identify two credible websites that provide scientific research-based information.
6. State two strategies to practice when coping with overwhelming stress and/or anxiety.
7. List two credible resources that provide help with mental health emergencies.
National Health Education Standards 1, 3, 5, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.