1. This program begins with a introduction to the human eye perceives light
2. The educator will perform a series of experiments that will demonstrate how light can be reflected, refracted and filtered.
3. The educator will discuss how optical illusions occur
4. The educator will lead the students through their project.
5. If time allows, we take questions.
- explore human perception of light
- engage in a discussion of how the human eye works
- understand the properties of light and how it can be changed
- engage in an experiment to see how the bending of light changes our perception of an image
LS1A 3-5 -- Structure and function
PS1A 3-5 -- Sturcture and Properties of matter
PS4A 3-5 -- Wave properties
PS4A 6-8 -- Wave properties
PS4A K-2 -- Wave properties
New York State
NGSS Learning Standards