1. We will meet in our Mesozoic Gallery where we can see a variety of fossils
2. We will learn the fossilization process
3. We will look at a variety of fossils within our Mesozoic Gallery
4. We will simply draw 4 of the animals (Shark, Mosasaur, Plesiosaur, Xiphactinus)
5. We will consider what their habitat and eating lifestyles may be
- learn about fossils
- be introduced to the job of scientific illustrator
- practice their skills of observation
- complete 4 skeletal drawings of Mesozoic creatures
LS4A 3-5 -- Evidence of common ancestry and diversityNGSS Performance Expectation:
3-LS4-1 Analyze and interpret data from fossils to provide evidence of the organisms and the environments in which they lived long ago.
Nebraska College and Career Ready Standards for Science:
SC.3.7.2.B Analyze and interpret data from fossils to provide evidence of the organisms and environments in which they lived long ago.