1. Emotional Intelligence (EI) Definition
2. Benfits to EI for students
3. All emotions are good emotions
4. Nervous System: neural pathway for emotions and plasticity
5. 4 Steps to Emotional Intelligence: self/social awareness, and self/relationship management
6. R.U.L.E.R. Acroynm
7. Anchor Tools: mood meter, best-self, conduct contract, blueprint
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand emotional intelligence and its benefits to overall health and wellness
2. List the four steps to build emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness relationship management
3. Identify ways to use the steps of emotional intelligence, to increase success as a student in a variety of social situations
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 6 Students will demonstrate the ability to use goal-setting skills to enhance health.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.1.6 B, D, E
10.2.6 A, D, E