1. The Fisher program begins with a brief introduction to Whiskeytown National Recreation Area and the presenting ranger.
2. First we will discuss what a Fisher is and where they are found.
3. Next we compare them to other close relatives
4. After that we will go over their endangered status, how they are surviving and how Whiskeytown is helping.
5 Remaining time will be used answer any participant questions.
In this program participants will:
- Learn about adaptations of fishers
- Compare these adaptations to similar taxinomic family members
- Discover causes for population decline
- Discuss the positive and negative influence humans have
LS1A 3-5 -- Structure and function
LS3B 3-5 -- Variation of traits
LS3B K-2 -- Variation of traits
LS4C 3-5 -- Adaptation
LS4C K-2 -- Adaptation
LS4D 3-5 -- Biodiversity and humans
LS4D 6-8 -- Biodiversity and humans
LS4D K-2 -- Biodiversity and humans