1. To begin the program, we will talk about the different dimensions of health.
2. Then we will talk role models and qualities of a good role model.
3. Next, we will talk about alcohol and tobacco and the effects on the body.
4. We will then talk about marijuana and prescription drugs and their effects on the body.
5.Lastly, we talk about how to get out of unhealthy situations.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Understand that drugs, alcohol, and tobacco effect mental, emotional, and physical health.
2. Identify the difference between healthy and unhealthy actions and situations.
3. List characteristics of a healthy role model.
5. Identify responsible adults who they can talk to about drug or alcohol issues.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.