1. Room will open so that group can log on 15 minutes prior to program start.
2. LSC Facilitator will introduce/welcome the students to the exhibit. Facilitator will discuss rules of the program.
3. LSC Facilitator begins exhibition tour. Facilitator will be taking questions during the tour and after tour is finished.
- Learn what is green architecture.
- Learn the inspiration behind the SURE House design and creation
- Discover what it means when the SURE House is considered a Passive House
- Discover all the features that make the SURE House energy efficient.
ESS3C 6-8 -- Human impacts on Earth systems
Alignment to NJSLS - Science
MS-ESS3-3 Apply scientific principles to design a method for monitoring and minimizing a human impact on the environment.
Connections to NJSLS - English Language Arts
WHST.6-8.8 Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, using search terms effectively; assess the credibility and accuracy of each source; and quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions of others while avoiding plagiarism and following a standard format for citation. (MS-ESS3-3)
Connections to NJSLS - Mathematics
6.RP.A.1 Understand the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe a ratio relationship between two quantities. (MS-ESS3-3)