1. Presenter will introduce the planets in our solar system and their order.
2. Participants will see the relative scale of planets using materials in their kit.
3. Presenter will explain Newton's Third Law and how rockets use it to get off the ground through a demonstration.
4. Participants will explore Newton's Third Law using "rockets" made out of cups and rubber bands.
5. Students will learn about the types of telescopes and will practice using two lenses to look at things far away.
The students will be able to:
1. understand the order and scale of objects in our solar system
2. demonstrate Newton's Third Law and explain how it relates to rockets
3. use lenses like a telescope to look at objects in the distance
All of our lesson plans are written in accordance with Ohio State Academic Standards.
3.PS2.2, 5.ESS.1, 5.PS.1, MS-PS2.1