1. This program begins with a review of My Plate.
2. We then introduce the six super nutrients the body needs to be healthy.
3. We define and identify examples of nutrient dense foods.
4. Participants sequence the steps in the farm to table process.
5. Students match different foods to the animals they come from.
6. We end with a body mapping activity to learn about the different plant parts that we eat for food
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Identify the 5 healthy food groups and the main nutrient each food group provides.
2. Identify the 6 major nutrients.
3. List the major function of each nutrient.
4. Explain the concept of foods having varying nutrient densities.
5. Identify the 5 steps in the farm to table process.
6. Match different meat products to the animal they come from.
7. Match different plants that people eat to the plant parts they come from.
National Health Education Standards 1, 3, 4, 5, 7.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.