The Greenville Zoo will send you a package of materials in order to participate in hands-on activities during the program.
1. Introduce / Review the five main senses (Hearing, Smell, Taste, Touch, Sight)
2. Investigate how the senses can help an animal to survive in the wild
3. Explore each individual sense in depth, focusing on how animals may differ from humans.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
• List the five main senses (Sight, Hearing, Touch, Taste, and Smell)
• Describe at least one way senses help animals to survive (avoid predators, find food, etc.)
• Describe at least one way animals may use their senses differently than we do (echolocation, ‘hearing’ through vibrations, monocular vision, etc.)
NS.K-4.3: Life Science: The characteristics of organisms
Meets South Carolina Health Education Standards G-1.1.1
NGSS: 4-LS1-2: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
ISTE 1: Empowered Learner
ISTE 7: Global Collaborator
ISTE 6: Creative Communicator