1. Introduction to planet rotation and revolution around the sun.
2. Experiment with star brightness.
3. Discover characteristics of the planets in our solar system
4. Explore the distance between and volume of the planets in our solar system
5. Learn about life in space and how scientists discover new planets.
1. Students will complete a pre-lab activity before the video conference to learn about planet rotation and revolution.
2. Students will explore the role of gravity on an object on earth and space,
3. Students will compare the characteristics of the planets.
4. Students will compare star brightness related to distance.
5. Students will define an exoplanet.
6. Students will compare and contrast life on Earth to life in space.
7. Students will experiment with a model of Sun, Earth, Moon relationships and identify the phases of the Moon during a post-lab activity after the video conference.
Meets current Next Generation Science Standards
Meets current Missouri Learning Standards